Announcing a new lecturer position for Civil Engineering program
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Mahidol University invites candidates in the area of Structural/Construction Management/Geotechnical Engineering. A Ph.D. in, or closely related to, Civil Engineering is required. It is preferred that candidates hold a license as a Professional Engineer.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the potential for developing a strong externally funded research program. The successful candidate must demonstrate the potential for developing a strong externally funded research program and research-related activities including but not limited to high-quality journal publications, research income generation, Ph.D. supervision, interactive teaching, industrial engagement and involvement in the delivery of collaborative programs nationally and internationally. The candidate is expected to contribute to teaching basic, advanced, and graduate courses of relevance to the above subjects, as well as assist in accrediting the programs. English is the language of instruction and communication in the Master Program of Civil Engineering. Candidates should have a strong track record in research, publications in top field journals, and demonstrated abilities to secure competitive funding. Applicants need to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae (including contact information), and names and contact information of 3 references
– Applications will be accepted until the positions have been filled or the search has been terminated.
– Salary will be commensurate with academic experience.
A Ph.D. degree from a reputable international university in Structural/Construction Management/Geotechnical Engineering.
– Demonstrated record of publications in leading international scientific journals in the area.
– Ability to develop and secure sponsored research that involves both undergraduate and graduate students.
– Ability to teach a variety of graduate and undergraduate courses and to develop new courses or course components in the field.
– Strong communication skills and the ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies.