1) Ph.D. in (Chemical Technology) Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, 2001
2) Dr. de L’INPT (Chemical Engineering), INPT, Toulouse, France, 2001
3) B.S. (Hons) in Chemical Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, 1998
Undergraduate Program (in least 3 years)
- EGCG302 Mass Transfer
- 2306320 Equilibrium-Staged Separations
- 2306331 Momentum Transfer
Graduate Program (in least 3 years)
- EGCH 667 Renewable Energy and Biofuels
- 2306426 Fundamental of Transport Phenomena
- 2306548 Electrocatalysts
- 2306611 Transport Phenomena
- Heterogeneous catalyst / photocatalyst for industrial waste conversion to value-added compounds
- Electrocatalyst for proton exchange membrane fuel cell
- Industrial wastewater treatment by chemical/electrochemical technique
International publication (2016-present)
- Limpachanangkul P, Liu L, Hunsom M, Chalermsinsuwan B. Low energy photocatalytic glycerol conversion to high valuable products via Bi2O3 polymorphs in the presence of H2O2. Energy Reports. 2020;6:95-101.
- Napapat Chaisubanan, Mali Hunsom, Hugues Vergnes, Kejvalee Pruksathorn. Effect of MO2 (M = Ce, Mo, Ti) layer on activity and stability of PtCo/C catalysts during an oxygen reduction reaction. Energy Conversion and Management 114; 2016: 348–355.
- Napapat Chaisubanan, Kejvalee Pruksathorn, Hugues Vergnes, François Senocq, Mali Hunsom. Stability of TiO2 promoted PtCo/C catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction. International Journal of Electrochemical Science 11; 2016: 1012 – 1028.
- Nutthaphak Kitiphatpiboon, Mali Hunsom. Incorporation of TiO2 into the PtPd/C Catalyst Layer for Improvement ORR Activity and Water Management. International Journal of Electrochemical Science 11; 2016, 2741-2755.
- Pattaraluk Jaruwat, Wipawan Pitakpoolsil, Mali Hunsom. Treatment of biodiesel wastewater by indirect electrooxidation: Effect of additives and process kinetics. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering 33(7); 2016: 2090-2096.
- Trin Jedsukontorn, Vissanu Meeyoo, Nagahiro Saito, Mali Hunsom. Effect of electron acceptors (H2O2 and O2) on the generated reactive oxygen species (1O2 and OH) and activity for glycerol conversion/product distribution via TiO2-induced photocatalytic oxidation. Chinese Journal of Catalysis 37; 2016: 1975–1981.
- Witchaya Maniwan, Kunakorn Poochinda, Mali Hunsom. Activity and stability of PtxCr/C catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction: Effect of the Pt: Cr ratio and heat treatment atmosphere. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 41(16); 2016: 21404-21414
- Wilaiwan Pangsupa, Mali Hunsom. Preparation of mangosteen shell-derived activated carbon via KOH activation for adsorptive refining of crude biodiesel. Journal of the American Oil Chemists Society 93; 2016: 1697–1708.
- Mali Hunsom, Chaowat Autthanit. Preparation of sludge-derived KOH-activated carbon for crude glycerol purification. Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management 19(1); 2017: 213-225.
- Trin Jedsukontorn, Nagahiro Saito, Mali Hunsom. Photocatalytic behavior of metal-decorated TiO2 and their catalytic activity for transformation of glycerol to value added compounds. Molecular Catalysis 432; 2017: 160–171.
- Napapat Chaisubanan, Witchaya Maniwan, Mali Hunsom. Effect of heat-treatment on the performance of PtM/C (M = Cr, Pd, Co) catalysts towards the oxygen reduction reaction in PEM fuel cell. Energy 127; 2017: 454-461.
- Duanghathai Kaewsai, Pornpote Piumsomboon, Kejvalee Pruksathorn, Mali Hunsom. Synthesis of polyaniline-wrapped carbon nanotube-supported PtCo catalysts for proton exchange membrane fuel cells: activity and stability tests. RSC Advances. 7; 2017: 20801–20810.
- Pimsuda Pansa-Ngat, Trin Jedsukontorn, Mali Hunsom. Simultaneous H2 production and pollutant removal from biodiesel wastewater by photocatalytic oxidation with different crystal structure TiO2 Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers 78; 2017: 386–394
- Trin Jedsukontorn, Tomonaga Ueno, Nagahiro Saito, Mali Hunsom. Facile preparation of defective black TiO2 through the solution plasma process: Effect of parametric changes for plasma discharge on its structural and optical properties. Journal of Alloys and Compounds 726; 2017: 567-577
- Pimsuda Pansa-Ngat, Trin Jedsukontorn, Mali Hunsom. Optimal Hydrogen Production Coupled with Pollutant Removal from Biodiesel Wastewater Using a Thermally Treated TiO2 Photocatalyst (P25): Influence of the Operating Conditions. 2018; 8, 96 (12 pags)
- Duanghathai Kaewsai, Sirapath Yeamdee, Supatini Supajaroon, Mali Hunsom. ORR activity and stability of PtCr/C catalysts in a low temperature/pressure PEM fuel cell: Effect of heat treatment temperature. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2018; 43(10): 5133-5144.
- Trin Jedsukontorn, Nagahiro Saito, Mali Hunsom. Title photoinduced glycerol oxidation over plasmonic Au and AuM (M = Pt, Pd and Bi) nanoparticle-decorated TiO2 Nanomaterials. 2018; 8, 269 (25 pages).
- Duanghathai Kaewsai, Mali Hunsom. Comparative study of the ORR activity and stability of Pt and PtM (M = Ni, Co, Cr, Pd) supported on polyaniline/carbon nanotubes in a PEM fuel cell. Nanomaterials. 2018, 8, 299; doi:10.3390/nano8050299 (20 pages).
- Trin Jedsukontorn, Tomonaga Ueno, Nagahiro Saito, Mali Hunsom. Narrowing band gap energy of defective black TiO2 fabricated by solution plasma process and its photocatalytic activity on glycerol transformation Journal of Alloys and Compounds. Journal of Alloys and Compounds 2018; 757: 188-199.
- Trin Jedsukontorn, Tomonaga Ueno, Nagahiro Saito, Mali Hunsom. Mechanistic aspect based on the role of reactive oxidizing species (ROS) in macroscopic level on the glycerol photooxidation over defected and defected-free TiO2. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry. 2018; 367: 270 – 281.
- Mali Hunsom, Duanghathai Kaewsai, ArunachalaM. Kannan. Recent developments in bifunctional air electrodes for unitized regenerative proton exchange membrane fuel cells – A review. International Journal Hydrogen Energy. 2018; 43(46): 21478-21501.
- Napapat Chaisubanan, Narong Chanlek, Yingyot Puarporn, Wanwisa Limphirat, Pornpote Piumsomboon, Kejvalee Pruksathorn, Mali Hunsom. Insight into the alternative metal oxide modified carbon-supported PtCo for oxygen reduction reaction in proton exchange membrane fuel cell. Renewable Energy 2019; 139; 679-687.
- Paphada Limpachanangkul, Trin Jedsukontorn, Guoqiang Zhang, Licheng Liu, Mali Hunsom, Benjapon Chalermsinsuwan. Comparative photocatalytic behavior of photocatalysts (TiO2, SiC, Bi2O3, ZnO) for transformation of glycerol to value added compounds. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering 2019; 36(9): 1527-1535.
- Patsakol Prayoonpunratn, Trin Jedsukontorn, Mali Hunsom. Photocatalytic activity of metal nanoparticle-decorated titanium dioxide for simultaneous H2 production and biodiesel wastewater remediation. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. 2020. Accepted.
- Paphada Limpachanangkul, Licheng Liu, Mali Hunsom, Benjapon Chalermsinsuwan. Low energy photocatalytic glycerol conversion to high valuable products via Bi2O3 polymorphs in the presence of H2O2. Energy Report. 2020 Accepted.
Awards and recognition
- Faculty of Science Award for the most cited researcher, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, 2016
- Ratchadaphiseksomphot Endowment Fund Award for Research Work, Chulalongkorn University, 2016
- Faculty of Science Award for the Distinguished Mid-Career Scientist, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, 2014
- Ratchadaphiseksomphot Endowment Fund Award for Research Work, Chulalongkorn University, 2010
- Faculty of Science Award for the Distinguished Young Scientist, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, 2007
- Associate Fellow of Royal Society of Thailand (AFRST)
- Membership in Council of Engineers of Thailand
- Professional Practice in Professional Chemical Engineer