Master of Engineering
Program in Chemical
“We Educate Tomorrow’s Entrepreneurial Chemical Engineer”
Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering (International Program) at Mahidol University
Do you want to be a modern Chemical Engineer for the 21st Century?
Chemical Engineering is one of the most employable subjects in the world today. Toward the future, most modern technological platforms involve catalysis, nanotechnology and bioengineering. At Mahidol University, we aim to enhance the experience of chemical engineer students with entrepreneurship management skills.
The framework and concept tools will enable students to:
• Initiate new formulations for effective problem solving
• Apply fundamental chemical engineering principles to develop new processes
• Develop modern technological platforms to analyze chemical engineering problems
• Navigate the transfer of research or knowledge to the market
• Enhance experience as entrepreneurs and broaden vital networks with entrepreneurial communities
Research Focused Area
The focused areas of research in the program provide opportunities for students to broaden their specialization in:
- Renewable Energy and Biofuels – The research involves renewable energy and biorefinery expertise using catalysis, thermochemical, biochemical conversion processes and modern separation technology.
- Advanced Materials and Processing – Synthesis of smart materials from carbon-based, metal-based and bio – based materials. Modern techniques to fabricate biosensors and nanoparticles for medical and pharmaceutical application are additional goals.
- Process Simulation and Modelling – Atomic & Molecular simulation, process simulation, computational fluid dynamic (CFD) simulation, data processing using Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), and other up-to-date applications.
- Engineering and Entrepreneurship Management –We provide students with entrepreneurial environments and abilities to develop ideas to successful businesses.
- Process Engineer, Production Engineer, Technologist, Consulting Engineer
- Researchers, Technology Management Analyst/ Manager, Intellectual Property Management Analyst / Manager
- Executive/Manager in Local and International Enterprises
- Business Owner in Science and Technological – based Enterprises
Double Degrees Option
Students have the opportunity to study two terms at the Department of Chemical Engineering, MU (EGMU) and simultaneously continue their studies at the College of Management, MU (CMMU). They will receive a Master Degree in Chemical Engineering from EGMU and a Master Degree in Management with a specialization in Entrepreneurship Management from CMMU.
Research Exchange Opportunity
Students have opportunities to participate in research or exchange programs for 2 months to 1 year at all
the universities having formal arrangement with Mahidol University.
Full or partial scholarships are offered to all students.
Asst.Prof.Dr. Nattee Akkarawatkhoosith