1) Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Birmingham, 2001
2) M.Phil., Chemical Engineering, University of Birmingham, 1997
3) B.Eng., Chemical Engineering, Mahidol University, 1995
Undergraduate Program (in least 3 years)
- EGCH 206 Chemical Engineering Fluid Mechanics (2001 – present)
- EGCH 303 Chemical Engineering Lab I (2001 – 2011)
- EGCH 304 Chemical Engineering Kinetics and Reactor Design (2001- present)
- EGCH 307 Chemical Engineering Lab II (2001 – 2011)
- EGCH 495 Chemical Engineering Seminar (2001 – present)
- EGCH 496 Chemical Engineering Project (2001 – present)
Graduate Program (in least 3 years)
- EGCH 626 Advanced Kinetics and Reactor design (2015 – present)
- Catalytic biomass conversion via pyrolysis reaction, Catalytic co-pyrolysis for pyrolysis oil production
- Catalytic and ultrasonic biodiesel production
Carbon dioxide hydrogenation for methanol production
- Sakdaronnarong, W. Pipathworapoom, T. Vichitsrikamo, T. Sema, P. Posoknistakul, W. Koo-amornpattana, and N. Laosiripojana (2018), “Integrative process for a sugarcane bagasse biorefinery to produce glucose, bio-oil and carbon microspheres” Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 116; 1-13.
- Khuenpetch, C. Siripatana, W. Koo-amornpattana and K. Nuithitikul (2017), “Biodiesel Production from Palm Oil Using a Downflow Bubble Column Reactor” Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 12 (8); 2214-2219.
- Gesmanee, and W. Koo-amornpattana (2017), “Catalytic hydrogenation of CO2 for methanol production in fixed-bed reactor using Cu-Zn supported on gamma-Al2O3”, Energy Procedia, 138; 739-744.
- Rubcumintara, A. Aksornpan, W. Jonglertjunya, W. Koo-amornpattana and P. Tasaso, (2012); “Gold recovery from aqueous solutions using bioadsorbent synthesized from rambutan peel”, Advanced Materials Research, 506, 405-408.
- Koo-amornpattana, L. Thintharua and J. Wongprachanukool, “The Effect of Ultrasonic on the Biodiesel Production from Palm Oil using K/g-Al2O3 as a Heterogeneous Catalyst” The 14th Asia Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering Congress (APCChE 2012), Singapore, 21-24 February, 2012.
- Koo-amornpattana, and J.M. Winterbottom (2001); “Pt and Pt-alloy Catalysts and their properties for the Liquid-Phase Hydrogenation of Cinnamaldehyde”, Catalysis Today, 66 (2-4), 277-287.
- Sharma, W. Koo-amornpattana, L. Zhang, S. Raymahasay, and J.M. Winterbottom (1998); “Selective Hydrogenation of α, β-Unsaturated Aldehydes using Pt and Ru Catalysts in Three Phase Reactors”, Catalysts in Three Phase Reactors, 583-590.
- Prompun, R. Anaporn, and W. Koo-amornpattana, “Catalytic Pyrolytic for Bio-oil Production from Palm Kernel Shell using Respond Surface Methodology” The 13rd The Asian Congress on Biotechnology 2017 (ACB2017), Khon Kaen, Thailand, 23-27 July, 2017.
- Wisutwattana, R. Rudravanija, and W. Koo-amornpattana, “The Pyrolysis Oil Production from Polystyrene using Catalytic Pyrolysis Reactor”, The 5th International Conference on Green and Sustainable Innovation (ICGSI 2015), Pattaya, Thailand, 8-10 November, 2015.
- Koo-amornpattana, T. Rubcumintara and P. Prayoonyong, “Temperature-programmed-reduction studies of g-alumina supported nickel catalysts: effects of the precursor and calcination temperatures”, The 17th Regional Symposium on Chemical Engineering (RSCE2010), Bangkok, Thailand, 22-23 November, 2010.
- Rubcumintara, W. Jonglertjunya and W. Koo-amornpattana, “The Recovery of Gold from Spent Plating Bath by Electrowinning in Comparative with Cementation”, The 17th Regional Symposium on Chemical Engineering (RSCE2010), Bangkok, Thailand, 22-23 November, 2010.
- Anawan Prathantip, Artitaya Wichayanupaph and Wanida Koo-amornpattana, “Cinnamaldehyde Extraction from Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark using Solvent Extraction and High Pressure Extraction”, The 19th Thailand Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry Conference, Kanchanaburi, Thailand, 26-27 October, 2009.
- Koo-amornpattana, P. Paopahon and T. Viriyayingsiri, “The Characterization of Fe, Co, Ni Catalysts and Bimetallic Catalysts supported on Gamma-Alumina by Temperature Programmed and Chemisorption”, The 18th Thailand Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry Conference, Pattaya, Thailand, 20-21 October, 2008.
- Koo-amornpattana, “The Improvement of Fat and Oil Ratio in RBD Palm Oil Using Centrifugation, Ultrasonic and Homogenization”, The 17th Thailand Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry Conference, Chiangmai, Thailand, 29-30 October, 2007.
- Koo-amornpattana, and J.M. Winterbottom (2001); “The Selective and Activity of Liquid-Phase Hydrogenation of Cinnamaldehyde in Polar Solvent using Platinum on Graphite Catalyst”, Symposium of Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology 2001, Nakornratchasema, Thailand, 9 November – 10 November, 2001.
- Koo-amornpattana, and J.M. Winterbottom, “The Effect of Added KOH and use of a Biphasic Solvent for The Selective Hydrogenation of Cinnamaldehyde Using Ruthenium, Platinum, and Bimetallic Catalysts (Pt-Co) Supported on Graphite”, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) 1999 Annual Meeting, Dallas, Texas, USA, 30 October – 1 November, 1999.
- Koo-amornpattana, and J.M. Winterbottom, “Temperature Programmed Reduction of Ruthenium and Platinum Catalysts on Various Supports”, The 1998 IChemE Research Event, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK, 7-8 April 1998.
- Chair for Department of Chemical Engineering, 2016-present
- Program Director in Bachelor Degree’s Program in Chemical Engineering, 2017-present
- Research member, Energy Cluster, Research University Network (RUN), 2015-present
- Assistant to the President for the Physical and Environment System, 2012-2014
- Deputy Dean for Research and Supporting System, Faculty of Engineering, 2011-2012