1) Ph.D, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, USA. 2014
2) M.S. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, USA. 2011
3) M.S. in Organic chemistry, Silpakorn University, Thailand. 2008
4) B.S. in Chemistry, Silpakorn University, Thailand. 2006
Undergraduate Program (in last 3 years)
- EGCH 380 particle technology (2016)
- EGCH 105 Chemical Processes Engineering (2017)
- EGCH 214 Safety Management and Occupational Health (2016-2018)
- EGCH 265 Organic chemistry (2017-2018)
- MUGE 101 Mahidol University General Education (2016-2018)
- Nanoparticle drug formulation
- Topical drug delivery
- Inhalation drug delivery
- El-Gendy N, Pornputtapitak W, Berkland C. Nanoparticle agglomerates of fluticasone propionate in combination with albuterol sulfate as dry powder aerosols. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2011; 44(4): 522-33.
- Pornputtapitak W, El‐gendy N, Berkland C. Nanocluster budesonide formulations enhance drug delivery through endotracheal tubes. Journal of pharmaceutical sciences 2012; 101(3): 1063-72.
- Berkland C, Pornputtapitak W, Selvam P, El-Gendy N. Inhalation device, systems, and methods for administering powdered medicaments to mechanically ventilated subjects. US Patent App. 13/906,215; 2013.
- Pornputtapitak W, El-Gendy N, Mermis J, O’Brien-Ladner A, Berkland C. NanoCluster budesonide formulations enable efficient drug delivery driven by mechanical ventilation. International journal of pharmaceutics 2014; 463: 19-28.
- Pornputtapitak W, El-Gendy N, Berkland C. NanoCluster itraconazole formulations provide a potential engineered drug particle approach to generate effective dry powder aerosols. Journal of aerosol medicine and pulmonary drug delivery 2015; 28(0): 1-12.
- Pornputtapitak. W, Pantakitcharoenkul. J, Panpakdee. R, Teeranachaideekul. V, Sinchaipanid. N. Development of γ-oryzanol rich extract from Leum Pua glutinous rice bran loaded nanostructured lipid carriers for topical delivery. Journal of oleo science 2018; 67 (2): 125-133.
Awards and recognition
- S. and Ph.D. Scholarship awarded by the Royal Thai Government (Ministry of Science and Technology), 2008-2014
- B.S. and M.S. Scholarship awarded by the Development and Promotion of Science and Technology (DPST) talents project, 2002-2008
- Research/labs photos
- Research involves herbal extraction, Nanoparticle lipid carriers, drug formulation, and inhalation drug delivery.
- Active ingredients are extracted from herbs and encapsulated in lipid nanoparticles (NLC) for topical drug delivery application and cosmetics.
- Drug formulation, device, and delivery system are developed for inhalation drug delivery.
Figure 1. Cream with active ingredient loaded NLC
Figure 2. NLC (TEM image)
- Photos that you impressed