With reference to the above, we are glad to inform that Engineering X funded by the Royal Academy of Engineering, United Kingdom and Lloyd's Register Foundation has awarded funding to a consortium of partners in ASEAN and South Asia to undertake a study on decommissioning of offshore structures in the regions commencing from March 2020 until February 2024.
This consortium involves the following partners:
• · Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (Malaysia) – Project Coordinator
• · Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (Malaysia)
• · PetroVietnam University (Vietnam)
• · Newcastle University in Singapore (Singapore)
• · Liverpool John Moores University (UK)
• · Sea Sentinels Pte Ltd (Singapore)
• · Mahidol University (Thailand)
• · Institut Teknologi Bandung (Indonesia)
• · R.L.Kalthia Ship Breaking Pvt. Ltd. (India).
We are glad to inform you that the consortium will be holding the above Seminar on 12th of May 2022 from 3:00PM until 6:10PM (Malaysia Time, UTC+8) via Webex online platform.
The seminar aims to provide a platform for exchange of best practices in offshore and onshore management of hazardous waste, including hazardous waste from decommissioned oil and gas structures (with particular attention to NORM and Mercury Wastes). The event gather eminent speakers from oil and gas operators, recycling facilities and waste management facilities receiving the expected rise in hazardous waste from decommissioning activities in ASEAN in the coming years. The seminar will help towards achievement of safe and sustainable decommissioning of offshore installations in Southeast Asia. There is no registration fee. Please complete full details on the following link provided for registration before 10th of May 2022.
For more information, please contact Associate Dr. Wonsiri Punurai at the Department of Civil Engineering at Mahidol University